11 Jan New Mangalore Tour 2
Port New Mangalore • Level of difficulties Moderate • Type Sightseeing, Cultural • Price Adults € • Duration in hours 5 • Shore Excursion
This tour takes you on a visit to the city of Mangalore where you will visit the Shri Manjunatha Shiva Temple at Kadri.
What we will see
• The Shri Manjunatha Shiva Temple at Kadri
• Aloysius Chapel
• Kudroli Gokarnanatha Temple
• Cashew Factory
What we will do
• The Shri Manjunatha Shiva Temple at Kadri is one of the ancient temple of Mangalore. It has a Bronze statue of Lord Shiva which is believed to be the oldest in South India. It has got 9 water Tanks situated above the temple level.
• Further we visit Aloysius Chapel – famous for its breathtaking paintings and frescoes adorning the walls and ceilings. The Chapel was built in the year 1899-1900. The walls of the Chapel are covered with the paintings of the artist Antony Moshaini of Italy.
• We move to Kudroli Gokarnanatha Temple. This is dedicated to Lord Shiva built in the Chola style. Temple has white marble flooring.
• You will also visit a Cashew Factory and a local market on this tour. Upon completion of the tour, you will return to the pier to board the ship enroute a brief shopping halt.
What you need to know
• There are no professional guides in Mangalore. Guides are mainly English speaking students .
• Photography not permitted in Gokaranatha Temple, St. Aloysious Churc & Kadri Temple.
• Dress code at Temples – shoulder and knees should covered. No wheel chair accessibility at Temple.