11 Jan Goa Tour 1
OLD GOA AND THE CAPITAL, PANJIM
Port Mormugao • Level of difficulties Easy • Type Cultural, Shopping • Price Adults € • Duration in hours 5.5 • Shore excursion code
Goa is mostly famous for its stunning beaches but there is also a side to it offering great historic and cultural interest. We will find it in Old Goa where we can admire the beautiful Basilica of Bom Jesus, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and in the capital, Panjim, which still retains traces of Portuguese architecture.
What we will see
• Shantadurga Hindu Temple
• Se Cathedral
• Basilica of Bom Jesus
• Fontainhas Latin quarter
What we will do
• Our excursion to the old part of Goa starts with a visit to the Shantadurga Hindu temple, which gives off a serene aura with its brown, white and peach exterior.
• Then we will visit two churches: firstly, Se Cathedral, which is dedicated to Saint Catherine and is one of the largest in the city, secondly, the Basilica of Bom Jesus, which was built by the Jesuits in the 16th century and is home to the remains of Saint Francis Xavier. These are kept in a marble mausoleum and displayed to the public once every ten years.
• After we have visited the churches, we enjoy a pleasant stroll through the Latin quarter of Fontainhas with its distinctively Portuguese charm where we can admire the church and the old Portuguese-style houses.
• Finally, we head to the capital Panjim, where we can admire the old houses with the pretty balconies and blinds so typical of Portuguese Goa. We can also enjoy some free time to do some shopping there before returning to the ship.
What you need to know
• We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
• Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended: shoulder and knee must be covered.
• Shoes must be removed and socks must be worn to visit the temple.
• It is not permitted to take photos or videos inside the temple.
• Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
• This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
• In case of events or religious celebrations the visit of church or monuments will be done only by outside.?
Our Other Articles
Best Places To Visit In India / Journey Of India / Tailor Made Tour In India / Tour In India / Travel Agency In India / Vacations In India / Tour Guide And DriverWhat To See In Rajasthan / What To See In Kerala / Travel To Kashmir / Best Places To Visit In Varanasi /Best Places To See In Oman / Places To See In Nepal / Best Places To See In Thailand / Tour In Bhutan / What To See In India / Itinerary Of India/ Group Tour Of India / What To See In India / Itinerary Of India/ Group Tour Of India
Nostri Altri Articoli
Agenzia Di Viaggi In India / Cosa Vedere In India / Spostamenti In India / Vacanze In India / Viaggio In India / Viaggio Su Miura In India / Guida Turistica E L’autista In India / Cosa Vedere In Rajasthan / Kerala Cosa Vedere / Viaggio In Kashmir / Cose Da Vedere A Varanasi / Viaggio In Oman / Cose Da Vedere In Nepal / Cosa Vedere In Tailandia / Cosa Vedere In Bhutan / Itineario Per India / Viaggio Di Gruppo In India