11 Jan Goa Tour 2
THE CULTURE AND FLAVOURS OF GOA AND A TOUR OF THE PLANTATIONS
Port Mormugao • Level of difficulties Easy • Type Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included • Price Adults € • Duration in hours 6 • Shore cursion code
Goa is synonymous with the sand and sea, but it also conceals a cultural side which we mustn’t overlook. So why not discover the numerous places of historic and religious interest, the secrets of the spice plantations and the local flavours.
What we will see
• Se Cathedral
• Basilica of Bom Jesus
• Shri Nageshi Temple
• Spice plantation
• Traditional lunch
What we will do
• Our excursion will start with a visit to two churches: the first is one of the largest churches in the city, Se Cathedral – dedicated to Saint Catherine – and the second is the Basilica of Bom Jesus, which was built by the Jesuits in the 16th century and is home to the remains of Saint Francis Xavier. These are kept in a marble mausoleum and displayed to the public once every ten years.
• After visiting the churches, we will head to the Shri Nageshi temple, an 18th-century temple with its own unique, classic elegance. It is dedicated to Shiva.
• At this point, there is something truly unique in store for us as we discover the secrets of spice cultivation at the Spice plantations and enjoy a traditional lunch after the tour.
What you need to know
• We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
• Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended: shoulder and knee must be covered.
• Shoes must be removed and socks must be worn to visit the temple.
• It is not permitted to take photos or videos inside the temple.
• Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
• This excursion is not recommended to guests with mobility problems.
• In case of events or religious celebrations the visit of church or monuments will be done only by outside.
• Due to road works along the route the return of the excursion could be delayed.
Our Other Articles
Best Places To Visit In India / Journey Of India / Tailor Made Tour In India / Tour In India / Travel Agency In India / Vacations In India / Tour Guide And DriverWhat To See In Rajasthan / What To See In Kerala / Travel To Kashmir / Best Places To Visit In Varanasi /Best Places To See In Oman / Places To See In Nepal / Best Places To See In Thailand / Tour In Bhutan / What To See In India / Itinerary Of India/ Group Tour Of India / What To See In India / Itinerary Of India/ Group Tour Of India
Nostri Altri Articoli
Agenzia Di Viaggi In India / Cosa Vedere In India / Spostamenti In India / Vacanze In India / Viaggio In India / Viaggio Su Miura In India / Guida Turistica E L’autista In India / Cosa Vedere In Rajasthan / Kerala Cosa Vedere / Viaggio In Kashmir / Cose Da Vedere A Varanasi / Viaggio In Oman / Cose Da Vedere In Nepal / Cosa Vedere In Tailandia / Cosa Vedere In Bhutan / Itineario Per India / Viaggio Di Gruppo In India